Tuesday 9 July 2013

Vintage Summertime Dressing

My first 'real' summer of dressing completely 'vintage', and I must admit that I am finding it difficult to find an outfit that is suitable! Standard attire on the streets of Brighton seems to be denim shorts and a top which would simply not suffice at all. After months of wearing calf length skirts and dresses, to bare the flesh (or even above my knees!) feels slightly indecent and I opened my wardrobe with trepidation, fully knowing that there was no fifties playsuit hidden at the back but really hoping there was!
 
I was in an outfit quandary. A simple dress feels slightly too dressy for lying on the beach however everything else felt a little to restrictive, formal or just not right. I decided to go for my Gingham Circle skirt, Lace top and trusty Rocket Originals Olivia's. A light circle skirt adds a summery touch, especially in a cute pattern! I long for a novelty print one...

Doesn't Brighton look beautiful!
Skirt: Handmade by Me!
Top: Vintage stall at 1940's event on the Isle of Wight
Bag: Vintage
Shoes: Rocket Originals
Belt: Oasis
 
I have also taken to jumping on that flowery bandwagon by adding some small floral accessories into my hair! I picked up this little rose really cheaply from a local fabric shop and love how the grey flower and green leaf contrast against my hair. A little experimention with my fringe and I quickly managed to add a little victory roll/kiss curl amalgamation to sweep my hair away from my face.
 
 
I would love to hear what you have been choosing for your vintage summertime outfits,
 
Happy sunbathing and don't forget your suncream!
 
Hannah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x