Monday 29 October 2012

New Hair Time!

Hello again!

Last Thursday I took myself down to the fabulous Simon Webster Hair on Gardener Street down the North Lanes. I needed a new colour as my ginger was fading quickly and I was almost back to blonde!

The lovely Alice does my hair and I couldn't recommend her more. She really listens to what you want and works with you to get the best result. I am of the opinion that they are the trained stylists so I often ask for her opinion for what style or colour she thinks I should go for. She really analyses your hair and plays around with it to make sure that you get the cut or colour to suit you. The prices are incredibly reasonable for the service and style you receive in there, and the complimentary cup of tea or glass of wine!

I am quite daring with my hair and since taking the plunge and going ginger, I love being a redhead! It does take quite a lot of upkeep but is so worth it for the fabulous colour. This time I went for a bit of a change, a darker red and then got a blonde streak underneath some of my fringe. I love it!


They also stock Bumble & Bumble products which smell delicious and work wonders. I purchased their Colour Minded Shampoo on Simon and Alices recommendation. This is Sulphate Free, and learnt that it is the sulphates in shampoos that strip the colour from your hair. Whilst it is a little more expensive at £23, it really does look after your colour and hair condition and you don't need to use as much at all as some of the cheaper brands.

Whilst you can get colour protect brands for much cheaper from Boots or Superdrug, they don't do as well for your hair and you will end up having to get your hair coloured in much quicker time. I just feel this is a big part of my vintage look that I really want to look after.

Any more redheads out there? Do you recommend any particular colour protect products? I would love to hear from you!

Much love,

Hannah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x