Saturday 14 September 2013

Goodwood Revival 2013

Sit down with a cup of tea and prepare yourselves; this is going to be a seriously picture heavy post!
 
On Friday, after months and weeks of preparation, we set off to Goodwood! After a well documented (via Twitter) jacket nightmare, having it been held up for almost a month at Customs, it finally arrived and I could put together my look. A huge forties fan, I was desperate to put together a classic outfit that represents my style, but was within my modest price range! I decided to wear my own interpretation of the Dior New Look that came out in 1947.




 
And here is my version...
 
 
Jacket: Black Rock Vintage on Etsy
Blouse: Charity Shop
Skirt: Zara (3 years ago!)
Shoes: Ebay
Bag: Vintage Hobbs
Beret: Charity Shop
Brooch: Bobby and Dandy, Hove
 
I even found the perfect Dior New Look shape straw sun hat, whilst on holiday in Suffolk, however the decidedly rainy weather called time on those plans. I decided to go for a Beret and a pageboy set, Lauren Bacall/Nina Foch style.
 
 
 
It is the first time that I have worn a beret and I must say that I loved it!
 
Here come the pictures...
 
Super amazing Tesco's stocked with goods in original packaging

Brown sauce anyone?!




 

 

My boyfriend wishing this was his

 
I had such an amazing time, it really was quite overwhelming to be surrounded by such an incredible amount of everything that I love! I suppose that I am so used to searching out vintage in a charity shop, or seeing what a vintage fair has to offer, that miles of clothes, cars and just hours of people watching was just amazing. I really wish we had bought tickets for all three days so that we could see the finals of the racing, and spent more hours immersed in the atmosphere. The only problem has been my seriously achy legs the day after!
 
Have you been this year, or any previous years? I would love to see some of your pictures!
 
Hannah xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x