Saturday 9 March 2013

Strike a Pose!

March began with an early morning photoshoot upon a jetty near Hove Beach Huts with Toby Key. It was a wonderful (if a little chilly) morning, but it felt incredibly special to be shot with an original vintage camera. It required me to be very still, not easy for a fidget like me! He is putting together a photographic documentary of Vintage Girls, and I felt honoured to be asked as I will feauture amongst some incredible vintage beauties such as Fleur de Guerre!

The documentary features very much on your own individual take on 'Vintage' and what it means to you. I chose a classic tea dress with a cardigan and thin waist belt to give an everyday 1940's look. This was paired with seamed stockings, my favourite vintage brogues and small vintage handbag. I adore the simple,understated style that was seen in the forties and thought it would be nice to show that side of vintage life, rather than the more typically 'done up' look of the fifties.
 
Please check out Toby's website, www.tobiaskey.com. On the 'commercial' section, you can view his Vintage Girls.




My Jewellery (I used the leaf brooch as a hair slide)
 
 
I would love to hear what you think!
 
Lots of love,
 
Hannah xxx





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very chilly morning indeed, but turned out great! My friend Jenny (I think you may have met) has just done a shoot with him too...I;m keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps I can join in the fun too!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x