Sunday 19 May 2013

Hold Fast Co.

One aspect of the vintage lifestyle that I love (other than the clothes, make up, jewellery and everything else...), is continuing my passion for mid century design into my home. From a G Plan footstool to Atomic Coat Rack, I love building up my collection of home wares to ensure that my home also represents my favourite eras.
 
Brighton is such a treasure chest for hunting for the ultimate iconic piece. From charity shops, to flea markets, to all of its individual artists, Brighton is brimming with design and culture that can be carried into your home. I would like to put the spotlight onto my boyfriend Joe, who has recently turned his hobby into a business.
 
Joe worked for many years as a bespoke furniture maker, working with a range of woods and has made everything from Church doors to kitchens to coffee tables! Alongside this, he also indulged in his passion for mid century design and home wares, and has collected iconic pieces from the fifties and sixties. I would regularly find myself lusting after pieces in Design Shops or Vintage Fairs, to which he would chirp up with 'oh, I have one of those'; I shortly began to realise his great eye for classic design. Primarily interested in creating and restoring pieces to celebrate original design, Joe enjoys celebrating the natural materials more so than 'shabby chic'. A talented artist too, he also does wonderful vintage inspired hand drawings.



 
 
 
 
 
His great experience from working as a furniture maker means that he is also able to lovingly restore any of your pieces. He can travel to you, or collect your item to work on in his workshop. I know that I have bought things that needed some love and care, and Joe has really brought them back to life. Take a look at this nest of tables!
 
 
Joe is very flexible, creative and happy chat about any ideas that you have. His prices are very reasonable and I can assure you that he will put his all into each piece of work. If perhaps you have that coffee table in need of restoring to its former glory, chair to reupholster or sideboard needing to get rid of its scratches, pop an email off to him at holdfastco@hotmail.co.uk to discuss further, or contact him over the above links.

You can find him next weekend at two vintage fairs; on Saturday 25th Joe will be at the Vintage and Very Nice fair in Chichester. On Sunday 26th, we will both be at Belle's Vintage and Retro Fair in Horsham...we would love to meet any of you so please come over and say hello!
 
Hope you've had a lovely weekend,
 
Hannah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x